Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo


This shampoo claims to 'lightly tone, refresh and restore your blonde hair to salon beautiful colour'. It's ingredients include a Pro-Blonde complex of panthenol, chamomile and morina seed extract; more commonly kniwn as Miracle tree (which claims to keep hair squeaky clean and encourages natural shine to glow). It's also meant to protect your hair from fade caused by styling, sunlight and damage caused by UV rays. 

Last January (2011) whilst in the hair dressers, I made a very impulsive, spontaneous decision to dye my hair ginger - and by ginger I mean orange ginger. I think I posted a picture maybe? Anywho, after that I continuously dyed my hair different shades of ginger/ red... As summer approached, I knew I had to consider going back blonde. I was going to Gran Canaria with my boyfriend, even when there was no sun in sight, my hair faded like crazy so I knew that as soon as sun was involved, it would be disasterous, plus I tan quite easily - meaning I'd be brown with orangey/ yellow hair. Not attractive. 

Anyway, I went back blonde, and have since gone blonder each time I visit the hair dressers. However, because my hair was abused so often with ginger/ auburn/ red dyes, it tends to get quite brassy, quite quickly. 

This is where this product comes in. The first time I used it, I was quite scared after I'd dispensed the product into my hand. It is a very dark purple. I was wary about it dying my hair, rather than just toning it. However, I was so happy with the results. The brassiness of my hair was gone after just one wash. It made my hair a lot lighter, more white even.

After the second time of using it, I noticed a purple tint to my hair. Quite a few people said that my hair looked pink/ purple. I instantly changed my mind on the product (despite quite liking the lilac-y shade it left in my hair - it cannot be good for your hair, can it?). However, once I got home, I read the bottle and it actually tells you not to use it every time you wash your hair because of the toning agent. *Schoolboy error, Hayley. Always read the label*. Now, I use it every two to three times I wash my hair, and I must admit I absolutely love this product.

You can probably still see a bit of purple but hey-ho, It matches my dress!

Being only £6.49, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers with brassy blonde hair. You can buy it here at Boots and it’s often on offer 3 for 2 or 2 for £10.


P.s. I know there’s cheaper alternatives out there but my housemate has tried quite a few and don’t find they work very well. Plus, quick little tip, apparently the darker the purple, the better the results ;)

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks lovely! If it works that well I may have to pick some up and try it on the ends of my hair as they've faded quite a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete

lots of love

Lovelies...