Friday, May 18, 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation



Well here's a product that you've probably heard everyone and their dogs (and probably their cats too!!) raving about. It claims to provide an "anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow". Being that I prefer glowy, natural finishes I was excited to try this. It comes in a glass bottle with a pump to dispense the product. I much prefer this to others, such as Revlon colorstay which makes it a mission to get just the right amount without any major spillages or wasted product, not to mention the fact that it makes it all the more hygienic. My first impression of the product was definitely good. The consistency of this foundation has definitely impressed me. It's almost gel-like. 

I used my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this, and the finish was flawless. It's true what it says on the bottle. This foundation really does leave you with a dewy glow. I'd describe the coverage as medium, but definitely buildable. It doesn't dry too quickly either (again reference to the Revlon colorstay), which means you have time to really work it into your skin. 

This foundation lasted around 6-7 hours before I began to look quite shiny, but I touched it up with some powder and voila! Problem solved. 

I must say though, the colour range is very limited, with only six shades. I don't consider myself to be the palest of people, but I bought shade 100 - Ivory and it is still a little bit too dark. I also found it to dry a little bit darker on the skin as well - being 'Ivory' and the lightest shade they do, this definitely surprised me. Rimmel, why no more colours?
The fact that it doesn’t cater for lighter/ darker skinned people is definitely the biggest down side of this foundation. But that aside, I do like this foundation and will continue to use it (maybe when I've caught a bit of a tan)! It's affordable - around the £8.99 mark - and makes your skin look good. I'd definitely recommend this if you're skin tone matches any shade from their range! :) 

What are your thoughts on this foundation?




2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this as it seems quite light and natural from other reviews I've read of it. I'm not a huge foundation fan but I will definitely be considering this next time I have to re-stock! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really been a foundation kind of girl but this one looks like a good one to begin with. The one I've tried so far was by Avon, and I didn't like it much as it seemed to matte, but I'm looking for a dewy one instead. Thanks for sharing! x

    sanaxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

lots of love

Lovelies...