Thursday, November 15, 2012

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush






Now, I must admit that when it comes to body skin care, I can be quite lazy. I'm not one to buy scrubs, moisturizers and body washes in abundance - especially not expensive posh stuff! To be quite honest, when it comes to shower gel, I usually just go for what's cheap or on offer at the time - normally ends up being Original Source or something similar. Call me cheap but this is what happens when you live as a student for 3 years! Old habits die hard and all that malarky.
 It's VERY rare for me to exfoliate and moisture either. No matter what time of year it is! The only time I regularly apply moisturizer is when I'm on holidays, after soaking up the sun. 
A couple of years back, just before I went to uni, I was obsessed with Soap & Glory. Everyone in the bloggesphere was raving about this brand, so I just had to check it out. The smell of this brand is what got me hooked. Such a lovely, light girlie fragrance. So for Christmas 2009, I received gift sets upon gift sets which included the well known Righteous Butter and Flake Away exfoliator. Anyway, after I while, the novelty wore off and I got lazy. I still often receive the travel sized products for birthdays, Easter etc.. But they just mostly sit in my baskets collecting dust until it is absolutely necessary that I use them. 
The only exception to this was when I was in my first year of uni and randomly bought the 'Sugar Crush Body Scrub'. The reason behind this purchase was that there was an offer on in Boots, I had just had my student loan and this smelt like an absolute DREAM... The rest is history. I'd found an exfoliator which I actually enjoyed using, purely due to the smell! I'd often catch my boyfriend using it too... Despite how much he'd deny it. Anyway, after many Sugar Scrub filled showers, the pot was empty *boo* and so was my bank account. By the next time I had money to spare, I'd completely forgotten about this little beauty. However, a while later when I was reminded by my boyfriend about how much I loved it, I just could not find it ANYWHERE. I searched each Boots I went into and couldn't find it on the website either. I gave up hope and thought it had been discontinued!! UNTIL... earlier on this year, I was browsing the Soap & Glory shelves and was smelling the glorious exfoliators and I FOUND IT!! :) ...It had been repackaged!! (How silly did I feel?!! School boy error!!) Previously it had a turquoise lid but it now blends in with the range more. Anyway, on a recent trip to Boots, I repurchased this exfoliator and was VERY excited when I saw that they had released a 'Sugar Scrub' body wash and moisturizer - yayyy! Anyway, I thought I'd give you a little review on these products!

Well, I thought I'd best start with the product that I was originally hooked on - The exfoliator. If you can't already tell, I absolutely LOVE it. It smells like nothing I have ever smelt before. On the packaging it claims to contain 'Smashed brown sugar & sweet lime, almond oil & macadamia grains'. It definitely does smell like lime... Although my 8 year old sister is adamant it smells like cream soda! As for the exfoliating part, it definitely does the job. It is very grainy (the smashed brown sugar and macadamia grains are fab!) and after the first use, I noticed a difference to my scaly legs (eww!). It isn't harsh enough to cause discomfort though, however I would not recommend using straight after shaving your legs as it does sting quite a bit (it does state this on the tub but I obv didn't listen!). The consistency is quite oily and does moisturize a lot - both during and after use :) I would definitely recommend this and at £8 for a 300 ML tub you can't really go wrong as it does last AAAAGES. The only thing I'd say, is that maybe the packaging should be updated again to match the pink and lime of the new products! 

There isn't much to say about the Body Wash except for the smell! It's gorgeous. It's also quite moisturising! It's definitely a lot better than other body washes that I'm used to using - especially when used with a shower puff. (It's £6.50 for 500 ML - bargain!)

The Body Buttercream is absolutely fantastic! After using the body wash and exfoliator I jump out of the shower and slather myself in this moisturiser (while I'm still damp) and if you haven't already guessed - it smells the same!!! :) It's thick and contains 'Shea & coco nut balm, lime & almond oils and kiwi juice water'. It retails at £10 for a 300 ML tub. It will seriously last ages!!!

I definitely recommend these products to anyone! I understand that this smell will not be to everybodys taste but for me it gets a MASSIVE thumbs up! You can buy these products from Boots online here or in-store. These would definitely make a brilliant Christmas present and at the moment, Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on! Hurry hurry!!


7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Soap & Glory. My favourite is their Breakfast Scrub and Rich & Foamous body wash. I haven't tried these but I love the sound of the sweet lime fragrance!!

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should deffo try these! Cannot rave about them enough :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I've actually never tried any S&G products before but I was eyeing up this scrub in Boots at the weekend, and now I think I need to go back for a cheeky purchase! :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great :) I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soap and glory! I haven't tried these though but now I think I will! Great review :)
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review :) I adore the body butter cream!
    http://northernoyster.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

lots of love

Lovelies...