Friday, January 4, 2013

Hello, 2013.


Happy New Year, guys!
I hope you all enjoyed your New Year celebrations, whatever you did. Mine consisted of lots of food, alcohol and laughs at Gregs' house. I have never been the biggest fan of New Years but with everyone else excited, who am I to say no to a celebratory shin-dig. 

The beginning of a New Year is the perfect time to reflect on the previous year. A year that was full of ups and downs. A year that was full of stress and relief. 2012 began with me and Greg splitting up for a month in January which was an obvious low, we worked through our differences though and sorted things in the February. In the March I booked a Holiday to Ayia Napa with the girls. April must have been one of the most stressful months of my entire life. On April 27th my dissertation was due in, and it literally took over my life. I cannot explain the feeling I felt when I finally handed it in - a kind of mixture of relief and anxiety. In May it was my 22nd birthday and also the month I completed my final exam in University - that's it, it was all done! In June myself and the girls jetted off the Ayia Napa for a week - which was sooo much fun! A week of not having to worry about anything and just chilling in the sun, cocktail in hand! It was also the month I received my degree results. I moved back in with my parents during June too - after living with Greg for three years this was definitely very difficult. July consisted of graduating from my Psychology degree *woop woop!!*, job hunting and enjoying (& visiting Alton Towers). In August I started my new job. September saw Greg turning 22 and going to London to watch Spurs vs. QPR. October was the month I finally had a new car!! Love my white (new shape) Micra!!! She's my baby. I was admitted into hospital in November with Pylonephritis (a severe kidney infection) - I never knew kidneys could cause so much pain!!! December just consisted of getting ready for Christmas - exciting! 

There you have it, 2012 was definitely a year full of memorable moments - both good and bad. Regardless of this, it was a year I wouldn't have changed. 

I am entering 2013 with an open mind and open heart. I have high hopes for this year. I already have something to look forward to. I am visiting Naples, Italy in March for 10 days - exciting :). I also have goals I would like to achieve this year; not necessarily 'New Years resolutions' just things I'd like to do at some point throughout the year. These are:

♥ Blog more. I have had this blog for over 3 years now, I think it's time I started to blog regularly. 
♥ Incorporate fashion into my blog. 
♥ Instagram a photo a day for whole of 2013.
♥ Spend more time with friends.
♥ Visit a Trans-Atlantic country - working in Virgin Atlantic gives me the perfect excuse to do this. San Fransisco, Las Vegas and Barbados are all on my list *fingers crossed*
♥ Join the gym and actually go!! I paid £30 a month for a gym last year (for the WHOLE year) and went once - not once a month... ONCE! In the entire year!! Shameful!
♥ Live more. Don't stay in all day doing nothing. Make an effort to make more memories.
♥ Don't dwell on silly little things. You only live once - as cliche as that is, it's very true. I do tend to worry about the most irrelevant things. 

As I said, these things are more like goals than resolutions. I never make New Years resolutions e.g. "I am going to lose weight" , "I am going to spend less money", "I am going to join the gym and go 4 times a week" because basically, that would just be setting myself up for a fail. I think the goals I have set myself are quite achievable. We'll have to wait and see I suppose!

So, there we are. A quick round up of 2012 and my hopes for 2013. 
I truly hope you all have a brilliant year and enjoy every minute.




"THERE IS NO TROUBLE SO GREAT OR GRAVE THAT CANNOT BE MUCH DIMINISHED BY A NICE CUP OF TEA" - Bernard-Paul Heroux

No comments:

Post a Comment

lots of love

Lovelies...