Friday, January 4, 2013

My Christmas (late I know!)


I'm absolutely gutted that the festive season is now well and truly over. That time of year is definitely my favourite. From the sparkly baubles to the countless tins of chocolates, I just love it all!!
I always start feeling festive very early on - sometime in November (Michael BublĂ©'s Christmas album was on repeat in my car for way over a month - I think I know every single word to every single song on the album now!!!), although I start counting down the days starting the beginning of September maybe?! All the anticipation and excitement and then it is literally over within a few hours - a very good few hours at that. 
I was very lucky indeed to manage to book myself 9 lovely days off work to relax, chill out and properly enjoy. 
I have 2 little sisters - One who is 13 so not-so-little anymore; Carys and another who is actually still little; Abigail who is 7 :) Abigail still believes so it is still very magical in our house at this time of year, I think that's probably why I, myself, get so excited. Christmas eve was very exciting! We all got into our new onesies early in the evening (it's become a tradition in our house to have our Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve).
I was woken up at 6:55am on Christmas morning (after a very sleepless night due to excitement) by a very excited little girl and a very tired teenager! It's also a tradition in our house to open the presents in our stockings in our mum and step-dad's room before going downstairs to see what Santa has brought us. 

I must admit I was well and truly spoilt by my family and boyfriend. I got so much more than what I asked for/ was expecting! I am very very grateful for all that I received. *Thanks, guys!!!*

I was lucky enough to receive an iPad with Retina display (waaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!) which was obviously my favourite present I had, along with a Fossil watch, Chanel Chance perfume, Topshop studded bag, Pandora Charm, Benefit make up and a whole load of Yankee Candles! I LOVED everything I received but I was extra excited about these items!!

After the excitement of opening our presents, we got ourselves ready and headed down my aunties house to see my family, which was lovely. We exchanged gifts and my cousins showed me what they'd received. My nanna was the one who bought me the Pandora Charm - she's amazing I love her. I love spending time with the people who mean most to me on Christmas Day!  

It was then time to head home and prepare for dinner... Exciting! My mum always makes the most amazing dinners. While my mum was slaving away in the kitchen, I laid the table to look all pretty and Christmassy - adorned with Christmas Crackers and nicely placed serviettes. The time finally came to eat, and it was absolutely amazing. Yum yum yum. 

The rest of the day consisted of doing nothing, watching all of the Christmas specials on tv and forcing myself to eat mountains of chocolate (such a hard life!) 

I truly had the best day, spending it with the people who mean most to me. I was just gutted that I couldn't see Greg as we live an hour away from eachother, but we saw each other on Boxing day anyway so that was okay. 

I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did! Roll on Christmas 2013!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

lots of love

Lovelies...